These beautiful and colorful Spring Rolls were such a hit at our OBC eats this week! This was our first time making spring rolls and although they didn’t look as good as they do at restaurants, they tasted AMAZING! This recipe is easy, very light and is full of flavor. Not to mention, this whole meal is compiled of all raw vegetables. Eating plenty of raw vegetables (especially this time of year) is great for your digestion system, your skin and your body is able to absorb all of the nutrients and vitamins unlike cooked vegetables! It even boosts your immune system! Needless to say, this was one of our favorite OBC eats yet. We had many laughs trying to wrap our first spring rolls, but the end result tasted delicious and our bellies were oh-so happy.
Tell us what your favorite OBC eats is and why, and you can be selected to come in and participate in our next Wednesday OBC Eats!
- 1 head of organic roman lettuce, leaves picked off
- 1 cucumber, cut into long thin slices
- 1 red pepper, cut into long thin slices
- 1 orange pepper, cut into long thin slices
- 2 avocados, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 3 carrots, cut into long thin slices
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup diced grilled chicken
- 1 package of large rice paper wraps
- Whole Foods 365 brand Peanut dipping sauce
- Whole Foods 365 brand Soy Ginger dipping sauce
- Once ingredients are prepared and set aside, set up a rolling station
- Fill one plate with warm water and grab a flat cutting board
- Begin by placing a rice wrap in the warm water for about 3 seconds on each side
- Quickly, put the wet rice wrap on the dry clean plate
- Place ingredients in the center of the rice wrap
- Then begin rolling the rice paper from the bottom and roll the ends in
- This might take a few tries because the wraps can get very sticky if you don’t move fast
- Once you’re done rolling, cut in half and enjoy!!
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6-8