The season of salad is upon us and it’s time to get creative. We all love tacos, but it’s not always a mutual love with our digestion system. The heaviness of a corn or flour tortilla can create bloating and grogginess, and set us up for a decline in motivation to do anything. We need food fuel to help us throughout our work day, not food thats going to drag us down! However, we don’t need to sacrifice taste. OBC Eats this week transformed a taco into a salad and it’s absolutely delicious. Raw, fresh, organic vegetables encompassed in a fiesta of flavor and texture.
Tell us what your favorite OBC eats is and why, and you can be selected to come in and participate in our next Wednesday OBC Eats!
- 2 heads of organic roman lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1 cup organic black beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup organic cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup diced grilled chicken (optional)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- freshly ground sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add all of the fresh vegetables together in a large bowl
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients until thick and consistent
- Place a spoonful of dressing on top of your salad and enjoy!
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6-8