The transitioning from season to season affects our bodies in many different ways, year after year, and affects everyone differently. However, there's one common theme that many people experience and it's dry hair (ugh). Dry roots, dry scalp, and whole lot of frizziness. You name it- we got it. So, this week our team at OBC wanted to expose an easy DIY hair mask that you AND your hair will love. Whether you have straight long hair or short crazy curls like me, this will nourish all hair types from the roots all the way to your ends. Not to mention this is an excuse to treat yourself and have some relaxation time! Just think- hair up, feet up, cup of tea, and your favorite book at hand. It doesn’t sound like the normal beauty chore does it?
- 1 egg (only use the egg white)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- Begin by warming up the coconut oil for about 25 seconds microwave until it is in a completely liquid state.
- Combine the coconut oil, egg whites, castor oil and olive oil in a bowl together and wisk until it is smooth.
- Wet your hair completely and lightly towel off until it's not dripping anymore.
- Apply this mask to your hair everywhere from the roots to the ends. It is easier to section off your hair and apply in sections so every part of your hair gets the attention it needs.
- After applying the hair mask, put your hair in a loose bun on the top of your head fixed by a large clip
- Now the easy part- relax!! Let this mask soak in as long as possible! If you are limited on time, then leave it in for a minimum of an hour.
- Hop in the shower and rinse your hair with lukewarm water and follow with shampoo and conditioner
- Enjoy your soft, nourished and beautiful hair! (If your hair tends to be more on the dry side, this mask can be repeated once every few weeks).